Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Growth Mindset for Students
Transcript of Growth Mindset for Students
What is a mindset?
Let's watch a short video comparing people with a fixed mindset and a growth mindset.
So how can we train our brains to have a growth mindset?
Even Yoda agrees!
The Path to a Growth Mindset
- a set of beliefs or way of thinking that determines one's behavior, attitude, and mental outlook
Two Main Ways of Thinking About Your Learning
I can't do it.
It's too hard so I'm not interested.
I'll never get this.
I give up.
If I keep trying I can do it.
This may take time and effort.
I can get better at this!
Your mindset is powerful. The way you think about your learning and your goals affects whether or not you succeed.
Watch up until J.K. Rowling:
Yoda said, "Do or do not, there is no try." but a growth mindset seems to focus a lot on trying.
What do you think he means?
To a growth mindset, trying is doing. Even if you haven't reached success yet, you are still doing it!
Now wait just a minute!