Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Growth Mindset for Students
Transcript of Growth Mindset for Students
What is a mindset?
Let's watch a short video comparing people with a fixed mindset and a growth mindset.
So how can we train our brains to have a growth mindset?
Even Yoda agrees!
The Path to a Growth Mindset
- a set of beliefs or way of thinking that determines one's behavior, attitude, and mental outlook
Two Main Ways of Thinking About Your Learning
I can't do it.
It's too hard so I'm not interested.
I'll never get this.
I give up.
If I keep trying I can do it.
This may take time and effort.
I can get better at this!
Your mindset is powerful. The way you think about your learning and your goals affects whether or not you succeed.
Watch up until J.K. Rowling:
Yoda said, "Do or do not, there is no try." but a growth mindset seems to focus a lot on trying.
What do you think he means?
To a growth mindset, trying is doing. Even if you haven't reached success yet, you are still doing it!
Now wait just a minute!