Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
water and soda freeze
Transcript of water and soda freeze
If we freeze water and soda then water will freeze faster
Does water freeze faster than soda?
Plan for Experiment
Put water and soda in ice tray and put in freezer then check on them every 30 minutes until one of the liquids freezes.
Water freezes faster than soda. I know this because I tested it. I put both soda and water in ice trays and put them in the freezer. Then I took
them out every 30 min. 4 hours later I took out the soda and water and the water was frozen
but the soda was not. I think this happens because soda has more ingredients in it so it will take longer the freeze.
After 4 hours water froze but soda did not.
0 Minutes in Freezer
Water vs. Soda
Thickness of liquid
Time liquid freezes
Type of liquid
Time it Takes for Liquids to Freeze
Water molecules arrange nicely to make freezing easy
Sugar in water makes it harder to arrange
So it takes colder temperature to freeze
Source: Department of Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign