Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Science Journals
to Enhance Science
and Literacy. So how do we
get our students
to do these things? Think as a Scientist
Record as a Scientist
Reflect as a Scientist What are
Science Journals? Five Good Reasons to
Use Science Journals #1 Science journals are
thinking tools What is a scientist? #2 Science journals guide
teacher instruction. Science Journals An interactive, written record of student learning that allows for communication of understanding.
A place where students record their thinking in words and drawings, procedures, investigations, data, conclusions, and reflections.
A formative assessment tool for teachers. #3 Science journals
enhance literacy skills. Some notebook
entry ideas . . . #4 Science journals support differentiated learning. #5 Science journals foster
teacher and student collaboration. Drawings
Tables, Charts, & Graphs
Notes and Practice problems
Many more... What is science? the first grade parade blog Notebook Organization Cover/Title Page
Table of Contents
Glossary For the Cover/Title Page Requirements:
and Student Name Table of Contents Set up the headings
with date/activity/and page number.
Work in progress! Glossary Added in the back of the
science journal to hold
scientific words/vocabulary. How do I find the time
to do something extra
in science? Examples https://sites.google.com/a/randolph.k12.nc.us/sciencejournals/home Use of science notebooks by every student, in every school, every day improves achievement in reading, writing, and science for all students.
- Amaral, Garrison, and Klentschy, 2002 #3 Science notebooks enhance literacy skills. How do I assess all this work?