Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Detrmining Evolutionary relationships
Transcript of Detrmining Evolutionary relationships
Scientists determine evolutionary history by examining body structure and chemical make up
Chemical make up
When scientists study chemical make up sometimes new information can be discovered that causes reclassification.
For example skunks and weasels used to be in the same family but after their chemical make ups were observed they found many differences causing them to now be in different families.
Sometimes unrelated organisms evolve in similar ways because they may live in the same environment or have the same diet. This happens because they perform the same functions so they may have similar body structures. This entire process is called convergent evolution.
Determining Evolutionary Relationships
Viswanath, Aryan, Shree and Yash