Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Racial Endogamy
A rule stating that one must marry within their own racial group . (Nanda&warms,2014)
A group of people sharing similar physical traits (Nanda&Warms2014).
The rule stating that one must marry within his or her own group (Nanda & Warms, 2014).
Purpose of Racial Endogamy
Racial Endogamy ensures that genetic immunities to certain diseases can be maintained (Stentiford, 2014).
Preserving Cultural Practices
Maintaining Biological traits (Stentiford, 2014).
Preserving Biological traits
Biological factors are key genetic information such as skin hair and eye color (O'Neil2009).
Other Biological Factors
Preserving Cultural Identity
Racial endogamy ensures that cultural practices are not lost (O'Neil, 2009).
Nanda & R.L. Warms (201). Cultural Anthropology (11th ed.) Belmont, CaP: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
O'Neil D (2009). Marrieage Rules Part I. In sex and Marriagep; An Introduction to the Cultural Rule Regulating Sexual Access and Marriage. Retrieved October 16, 2014 from anthro.palomar.edu/marriage-3html.