Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
From the company to the register, and from the register to the company
Transcript of From the company to the register, and from the register to the company
and from the register to the company
Centre of Registers and Information Systems
Policy that changed the business registration
Country in Europe.
• Estonia has a population of just 1.3 million but is larger than Denmark or Holland.
• The Estonian language.
• In winter it gets very cold and we get plenty of beautiful snow. No, there are no polar bears in Estonia.
• Estonia is almost 50% forest.
• Tallinn is our medieval capital and by far the biggest city, with a population of around 400,000.
• Estonia has over 1,500 islands.
• Public WiFi is FREE
• Estonia is an e-country – most people use e-banking, pay parking with a mobile phone and pay taxes,
or even vote, online.
Start a company
Problems in company registration?
Red tape, Bureucracy?
Time consuming process?
Lack of information?
20 Years of Business Registry
1. Policy to streamline company establishment. Expedited procedure via online portal without a notary.
2. Policy to publish company information via internet (Company information, board members, etc).
3. Policy to submit annual reports via online portal (XBRL)- submit information to government only once.
4. Policy to consolidate licensing regulation and process (One Stop Shop).
5. Government program to support start-ups with accounting system.
Process optimization for online portal
5. E-residency for everyone!
1. Availability- information online
2. Good data quality enables data visualization.
Results in 2015
Result: Company registrations ca 90% via self service
XBRL annual reporting (>95%) online
Notice instead of licence- apply via online portal.
Renew the licence once a year with annual report.
1. Internet availability
2. Electronic identity (password vs PKI)
3. Legislation (Electronic Signature Act)
4. Political will (reforms using IT)
5. Data exchange policy Gov2Gov
Result : Green light to company registration process optimization.
Company Registration Portal
Behind the innovation
Average process time 2h
Government startup 2015
Become an e-resident!
Company registration process in self service
Start-ups need help!
If not working