Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Medicine Bag
A Medicine Bag is a traditional North American Indian vessel containing various items that its owner believed held supernatural power. This was widely believed by the Sioux tribe. The medicine man or shaman of a tribe would certainly carry one. To this day the Native Americans, that live on reservations, still carry them around.
The Sioux tribe still make authentic medicine bags.
They make a special ind which are called Fatigue Medicine Bags which hold special gem stones to help people who are frail feel more energized.
A fringe is put on the bag for a decorative touch. Sage was a spice that was commonly put in the bags
1) A piece of leather to your liking
2) A leather hole punch
3) A sturdy sewing needle
4) Material to sew your bag together
5) A design