Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Present Continuous vs. The Simple Present (Part 1) (B09)
Transcript of The Present Continuous vs. The Simple Present (Part 1) (B09)
What are you doing now?
1- I'm studying English.
- I'm going to the gym these days.
She is cooking dinner at this moment
2- I'm thinking about my girlfriend.
WHAT'S THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS?
Is this sentence OK?
Another use for the Present Continuous is to talk about Momentary Situations. For example:
- She is working at the bank this month.
- They are majoring in English these weeks.
(Form a Yes/No question)
Is she cooking dinner at this moment?
She is cooking dinner at this moment.
(Form WH- Questions)
- What is she doing at this moment?
What is she cooking at this moment?
- Who is cooking dinner at this moment?
- When is she cooking dinner?
They are playing soccer at the stadium
1- Form a Yes/No question.
2- Form WH-Questions
Wh-word + Be + S + V-ing....?
(Exception: the answer is the Subject)