Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of EARCOS 2014
Tech integration for assessment
...and my conference takeaways
1. What to take away from a STEM thread?
2. Who is Penny Bishop?
3. What is assessment? Why use technology to assess?
4. Tech tools and ideas
- Twitter/Social Media
- Digital Portfolios
- Augmented Images
What Did I Take Away from A STEM Based Conference?
1. Technology integration is not cool addition to a lesson, its a must have.
( Young Zhao)
2. Using the internet or the computer lab is
no longer an engaging use of technology.
3. If students learn through technology, Why not use it for assessment?
Professor of Education at Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education
Specializes in Technology Integration
Teacher Coach for Middle School Educators
Follow on Twitter @pennybishop
Who is Penny Bishop?
Questions to Ponder?
What does assessment mean to you?
What is an example of a typical assessment used in your class?
Have you ever used technology to assess? How did you use it? What were the results?
Any ideas you haven't tried?
Twitter/Other Social Media Sites
assessing prior knowledge
Formative assessment of new learning
Forces students to be clear, exact and concise
Builds a community outside(?) the classroom
Each student needs an account
Demonstrating New Learning
Reflecting on Learning
Class Binders (without the piles of paper)
Demonstrate individual growth
Student involvement & accountability
Share with parents
Demonstrating concept knowledge
interactive and engaging
Embed videos, links, tweets, or other images in a master image
Student created posters can become interactive!
An iOS app that uses QR codes to embed videos, images , and text within real life objects.
View the object through the devices camera and the embedded objects will appear!
Video and Podcasts
increasing your audience size
can fit most forms of assessment
New programs and gadgets are very intuitive
builds digital accountability
1. Tech integration with assessment naturally fits how
our students learn.
2. There are many different useful tools available
3. A more engaging assessment creates a more memorable learning experience
Welcome Brent Faculty!