Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Agna & Blind Faith
Transcript of Agna & Blind Faith
Step 2: Faith
Step 3: Agna
= 2 wings of our sanstha
“Someone may single handedly do the work of two people, but to obey the great Sadhu and sit idle or only do what he says is the best.” - Gunatitanand Swami
Agnas are for
Any personal examples?
“Even after millions of years of hard work, we cannot go to Akshardham. But just implicitly obey this Sadhu, and we’re there immediately.” -Gunatitanand Swami
Step 1: Logic
Goal = Moksha; reached by identifying Satpurush as spiritual guide
Satyakam Jabeli - 1,000 cows
Would we do the same thing?
When can we trust our mind and when can we not?
LOGIC, FAITH, AGNA
after Nairobi mandir opening - 3 families
our faith = faith w/ understanding
Logic -> Faith -> Agna
More agna = more joy and closer bond
“Naari nayan shar jaahi na lāgā, Ghor krodh tam nishi jo jāgā,
Lobh pāsh jehi gar na bandhāyā, So nar tumh samān raghurāyā”
“He who is not wounded by the arrows from a maiden’s eyes (i.e. above the influence of lust), who is wide awake in the pitch darkness of anger (i.e. above anger), who is not wrapped by the
fetters of greed (i.e. above greed) is like Lord Ram (i.e. God-like).”
“Nirapeksham munim shāntam nirvairam samadarshanam,
Anuvrajjāmyaham nityam puyeyetyanghrirenubhihi
“I follow the Satpurush who desires nothing, is reflective, tranquil,
has no enmity towards anyone, and has equanimity for all, since if I
am able to procure the dust from his feet, even I become purified.”
30 attributes (also in Vachanamrut)
akinchan-w/out worldly desires
sarvopakaarak-does only good to others
maitra- does not deceive others
jitashadguna- defeated thirst, hunger, grief, infatuation, old age and death
“The Ekantik Sant is one who possesses the four traits of swadharma,
gnān, vairāgya, and bhakti.”
“Prasangamajaram pāshamātmanaha kavayo viduhu, Sa ewa sādhushu kruto mokshadwāram apāvrutam.”
“If a person maintains profound love towards the Ekantik Sant of
God just as resolutely as he maintains profound love towards his own relatives, then the gateway to liberation opens for him.”
“If the extremely great Purush (i.e. Satpurush) becomes pleased upon a person, then regardless of how unfavorable the person’s sanskārs may be, they are all destroyed. Moreover, if the great Purush is pleased, a beggar can become a king; regardless of how unfavorable a person’s prārabdha (i.e. karma accumulated from past lives) may be, it becomes favorable and regardless of how disastrous a misfortune he is to face, it is avoided.”
must now invest faith in the Satpurush
we trust doctors
Ekantik Satpurush = the form of God, constant communion with God, understands wishes of God,
Arjun in Mahabharat
P. Aksharvatsal Swami @ yuvak/yuvati shibir in 2007 and "litmus test"
“Sarvadharmaan parityajyam mamekum sharanam vraja,
Ahum twum sarva paapebhy mukta ishyami/karishyaami”
“You have asked me thousands of questions, now put aside all of
your doubts and concerns and follow me and only me. I will redeem you from all.”
1. What's the 3 step process that helps us understand that following ãgnã is not blind faith?
2. What's the prasang of Satyakam Jabali, & how did he attain brahmavidya?
3. How should we use our logic when finding the Satpurush?
4. Why should we invest faith into the Satpurush after finding him?
5. Why should we follow the Satpurush’s ãgnã? Is it the logical thing to do?
6. What are the benefits to following ãgnã?
7. Who are living examples of the happiness that comes with following ãgnã?
8. Why should we follow Maharaj and P.P. Swamishri’s ãgnã even when it does not make sense?
9. Who should we listen to – Maharaj and P.P. Swamishri or science and why?
10. Do we have blind faith or faith from understanding? How so?
“Thus, dharma takes refuge only in God’s form. That is why when a person keeps faith in God’s form, God comes and dwells in the person’s heart; consequently, dharma also dwells in his heart.”