Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
JAMES JOYCE / DUBLINERS
Transcript of JAMES JOYCE / DUBLINERS
*Irish poet / novelist
*Modernist / avant-garde
*Best known for Ulysses
*Simplicity -- realism.
*Asks the reader to make his or her own decision.
*no moral judgments.
(1882 - 1941)
*Other notable works:
*A Portrait of the Artist
as a Young Man.
*Middle class family
*Educated: Jesuit schools, University College/Dublin
*Lived in Trieste, Paris, and Zurich
"For myself, I always write about Dublin, because if I can get to the heart of Dublin I can get to the heart of all the cities of the world. In the particular is contained the universal."
*15 short stories.
*Irish middle class life / early 20th century.
*The idea of epiphany.
*--the moment when a character experiences their 'aha' moment.