Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
JAMES JOYCE / DUBLINERS
Transcript of JAMES JOYCE / DUBLINERS
*Irish poet / novelist
*Modernist / avant-garde
*Best known for Ulysses
*Simplicity -- realism.
*Asks the reader to make his or her own decision.
*no moral judgments.
(1882 - 1941)
*Other notable works:
*A Portrait of the Artist
as a Young Man.
*Middle class family
*Educated: Jesuit schools, University College/Dublin
*Lived in Trieste, Paris, and Zurich
"For myself, I always write about Dublin, because if I can get to the heart of Dublin I can get to the heart of all the cities of the world. In the particular is contained the universal."
*15 short stories.
*Irish middle class life / early 20th century.
*The idea of epiphany.
*--the moment when a character experiences their 'aha' moment.