Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Week 2 Lesson 1: The Civil War: An overview
Transcript of Week 2 Lesson 1: The Civil War: An overview
The Civil War: An overview.
To gain an overview of the Russian Civil War of 1918-21.
Students will be able to articulate the causes, effects, and key events of the Russian Civil War, including the role of domestic and foreign anti-communism, ideological and military repression, and key battles.
1. Get a laptop or mobile.
2. Go to www.kahoot.it
3. Put in the game code
4. Create a username
When and where?
(signing of treaty of Brest-Litovsk) -
(signing of Treaty of Riga)
Video: Overview of the Civil War
1. We'll watch the video then complete a Kahoot quiz.
vs Whites vs
The Bolsheviks and their supporters (mainly proletarian)
- Pro-Tsarist forces
(mainly upper class)
- Pro-Provisional Government forces
(mainly middle class)
- Other progressive/socialist/Marxist groups
that wanted the Bolsheviks to SHARE the power of the revolution (SRs, Mensheviks)
Disgruntled Allied powers
who wanted to see Russia stay in the Great War (Britain, France, USA, Italy, Japan)
- Local peasant communities that 'just wanted to be left alone'
- Fought against both the reds and whites