Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
DAY THREE (Debate Day): Chinese Achievement Pop Up Debate
Transcript of DAY THREE (Debate Day): Chinese Achievement Pop Up Debate
SWBAT recall the significance of the Chinese
woodblock printing, moveable type
3/3 multiple choice questions
while justifying their answers using examples from a secondary source.
Today's Learning Objective
A. Help people find each other.
B. Help people keep order within their lives.
C. Help people navigate at sea.
WHOLE CLASS EXIT TICKET
purpose of the compass was to ______.
WHOLE CLASS EXIT TICKET #2
2. Which of the following was NOT an effect of the compass on the world?
A. It led to some of the most important sailing voyages in history.
B. People were able to travel farther than before.
The Book of the Devil Valley
master was written.
WHOLE CLASS EXIT TICKET #3
3. What is an effect of gunpowder on the world?
A. People stopped using swords in battle.
B. Europeans eventually conquered African civilizations.
C. Europeans eventually conquered Chinese civilizations.
SWBAT participate in
Pop Up debate!
using evidence from the readings
- using a strong and loud speaking voice
FINAL PREP TIME
In your table, have each person practice giving their argument while making eye contact with the others.
It's okay to read directly from your paper
if you need to!
When you are not "Popping Up to speak in our Pop Up Debate today, you will be a member of the audience today.
2 things you SHOULD do to be a helpful audience member:
2 things you should AVOID doing in order to be a helpful audience member:
Do Now - Thursday, November 8, 2017
I agree with ____ and I'd like to add that....
I disagree with ____ because...
____ is incorrect and here's why: ___
COUNTER-CLAIM (extra credit)
BEING AN ACTIVE LISTENER AND GOOD AUDIENCE MEMBER
Step 1) Start filling out this page.
Step 2) Find a partner who is also already finished and practice saying your argument.