Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Does the shape of ice cube affect the rate of melting ?
Transcript of Does the shape of ice cube affect the rate of melting ?
How does the shape of ice affect the rate of melting?
5 different shapes of ice trays
Measuring spoon (10 ml)
-Introduction & Objective
1. The ice trays were filled with the same volume of water
4. 1 ice sample from each ice tray was taken out simultaneously
5. The time taken for the ice samples to melt was recorded
6. Steps 3-5 were repeated 4 times. The average melting time of each respective shape was recorded.
7. Rate of melting was calculated using the formula:
8. A graph was plotted to compare the rate of melting
2. The ice trays were placed in the freezer
Presented by: Melissa Angeles, Lim Bing Wen, Rachel Lim, Michelle Ng, Marcus Tan, Tan Yuh Zhen
The sphere-shaped ice melts the slowest
3. The ice trays were taken out from the freezer simultaneously
-Uses of ice
-Chilling of beverages
-To find out which shape of ice melts the slowest
Factors that affect
rate of melting
- Surface area
The ice with the smallest surface area will melt the slowest.
Sources of error
-Measuring spoon not precise
-Only 10ml of water was used
-Difficult to see if the ice have completely melted
surface area(cm^2)/average time taken(s)
volume(ml)/average time taken(s)
Table of results