Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Does the shape of ice cube affect the rate of melting ?
Transcript of Does the shape of ice cube affect the rate of melting ?
How does the shape of ice affect the rate of melting?
5 different shapes of ice trays
Measuring spoon (10 ml)
-Introduction & Objective
1. The ice trays were filled with the same volume of water
4. 1 ice sample from each ice tray was taken out simultaneously
5. The time taken for the ice samples to melt was recorded
6. Steps 3-5 were repeated 4 times. The average melting time of each respective shape was recorded.
7. Rate of melting was calculated using the formula:
8. A graph was plotted to compare the rate of melting
2. The ice trays were placed in the freezer
Presented by: Melissa Angeles, Lim Bing Wen, Rachel Lim, Michelle Ng, Marcus Tan, Tan Yuh Zhen
The sphere-shaped ice melts the slowest
3. The ice trays were taken out from the freezer simultaneously
-Uses of ice
-Chilling of beverages
-To find out which shape of ice melts the slowest
Factors that affect
rate of melting
- Surface area
The ice with the smallest surface area will melt the slowest.
Sources of error
-Measuring spoon not precise
-Only 10ml of water was used
-Difficult to see if the ice have completely melted
surface area(cm^2)/average time taken(s)
volume(ml)/average time taken(s)
Table of results