Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Healthy Vending Options
Transcript of Healthy Vending Options
How to improve the nutritional value in your vending machines...
Step 1 - Gather Your Supplies
- NEMS-V Directions
- NEMS-V Food & Beverage Coding Summary
- NEMS-V Food & Beverage References
- Vending Machine Cover Page
- Vending Machine Graphic Page
- Food & Beverage Recording Sheet
All the documents can be downloaded at www.nems-v.com
Step 2 - Conduct Assessment at Vending Machine Location
1. Fill out the Food & Beverage Recording Sheet
a. Record the Item (i.e. Snickers Bar)
b. Check the appropriate Color Code (i.e. Red)
c. If you do not know the correct code, mark a ? in the
2. Continue to mark all items in the vending machine on the
REMINDER: Each vending machine slot should be recorded as a separate item!
Step 3 - Color Code Unknown Items
To determine the Color Code for unknown food items use:
1. NEMS Healthy Choices Calculator
[ http://www.nems-v.com/NEMS-VHealthyChoicesCalc.html ]
2. Search the Color Coded Food References Sheet
[ http://www.nems-v.com/NEMS-VTools.html ]
Healthy Vending Options
Gold Award - 50% of Items
- 40% of Items
- 30% of Items
No Award - < 30% of Items
Healthy Choices Calculator
1. Choose the food / beverage category
2. Enter Label Information:
- Calories from fat
- Saturated fat
- Trans fat
3. Click "Check Your Item" for the color code
Mark the Correct Color Code on Recording Sheet
Improve Your Vending Machine Options by substituting "healthier" options:
* Baked Chips
* Flavored Waters
* Diet Sodas
* 100% Fruit Juices
* 100 Calorie Packs
* Graham Crackers, Granola Bars
! Check their Nutritional Value
on the Calculator !
Working with your Vendor...
Most vendors have a list of "healthier" products they can substitute into your vending machines.
You just need to ask!! (They can even print out reports showing what sells and what doesn't)
For Assistance contact:
Health Promotion Team @
Cerro Gordo County Health Department
Training will start momentarily.
Be sure to turn up volume!
Click the AutoPlay button and
select 20 sec to begin presentation.