Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Drama as a Genre : Codes and Conventions
Transcript of Drama as a Genre : Codes and Conventions
- They are serious representations of real life and/or stories and do not include fantasy in the plot.
- Hence the name "drama" they show emotions and events at their true height, and perhaps dramatize them. They show emotions at their best and worst.
- Social Dramas
- Religious Drama
-Literature Drama The Plot - Realism
- Heightened emotions
- A protagonist that's easy to relate to
- Some form of journey
- Plot's with a twist or a complex plot
- Emotional peaks and and troth Protagonist - Going through some kind of emotional journey
- Particularity unstable/vulnerable
- Having to face a hard decision
- Easy to sympathize/empathize with
- Has a lot in common with the target audience/ easy to relate to. Other typical traits of Drama
- Challenging the ignorance of stereotypes
- Connecting on a complex and personal level
- Having therapeutic qualities by showing how the protagonist has overcome difficulties. Classic Drama films - Fight Club
- American Beauty
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Trainspotting By Hattie Upton-Dance