Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
ADV 1 1.1 - Page 138
Transcript of ADV 1 1.1 - Page 138
Advanced 1 - page 138
Stopped to buy
some meat for dinner.
I stopped at the store in order to buy meat.
Only use try +
when the meaning is " to experiment with something. "When the meaning is "to attempt with something", Use the infinitive.
trying to be
nicer to my little sister.
meat when I became vegetarian.
I no longer buy meat.
remembered to call
daddy on his birthday.
I didn't forget to call dad.
I'm sure I talked to dad last week, but I don't even
I don't have a memory of the fact that I called dad.
forget to call
my parents to say I'll be late.
I don't always remember to call my parents
never forget calling
my parents to say I was getting married. They were so thrilled!
I remember clearly calling my parents
trying to concentrate
, please be quiet.
I'm attempting to concentrate.
I experimented with writing down new words
down new words, but still couldn't remember them.
Only use forget +
to remember the past. otherwise, use the infinitive.
I sometimes forget to set the alarm, and then I'm late to school.