Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Summanities 2015-16
email (the best way): firstname.lastname@example.org
I can manage my responsibilities as a student.
I can monitor, evaluate, and direct my learning.
I can clearly communicate and work effectively within a group.
If you would like to meet in person, please make an appointment with me via email. I might not be able to talk if you drop by the classroom.
-Grammar as needed
-Writing Workshop format (mini-lessons with practice and conference time)
How to contact me
Although I encourage students to write down their daily assignments in their planner, my website is a great place for you to look at the weekly agenda to know what is coming up.
Other Exciting Activities
- register in the fall
- practice fall semester
- bee in January after Winter Break
- end of January
Oregon Battle of the Books!
- teams formed before Winter Break
- battles start in late January
- books in my classroom
Oregon Writing Festival @ PSU
- apply by tomorrow, meets after school starting next Wed, 9/26
-Article of the Week
:The first civilizations
:Feudalism in Europe and Japan
:Middle East and Asia
Research Process via Inquiry and PBL
-choose a topic
-informal and formal presentations
Consistently and Independently (CI)
Rarely or with Reminders (R)
4 - Highly Proficient
3 - Proficient
2 - Nearing Proficiency
1 - Not Yet Proficient
The most recent proficiency score for each target is weighted.
At the end of each semester, the overall scores for each target are averaged together and translated into a letter grade.
All three grades
Spiraling the curriculum
Lots of support
-The focus is on the process, not the end product.
-Advanced goals for Summa
-Tailored to student needs based on conferring