Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Energy and Nutrients
Transcript of Energy and Nutrients
Conservation of Energy
Gross vs. Net Primary Productivity
Whale poop makes everything grow
Conservation of Mass
Matter can be changed from one form into another, mixtures can be separated or made, and pure substances can be decomposed, but the total amount of mass remains constant.
The total energy of an isolated system cannot change. Energy can not be created or destroyed only changed in form.
The net primary productivity of producers like plants and plankton is the amount of light converted into chemical compounds minus energy lost through respiration.
Free Energy - where does it go?
Rates of Energy Transfer
Decomposers are the ultimate recyclers