Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cetaceans
Fin Slapping and Tail Lobbing
Behavior and Feeding of Toothed Whales
They are the largest animals to ever have lived on the earth- (Blue Whales, averaging 80 ft long/ 120 tons
They are smaller in size (except for sperm whales)
They all have teeth, and are accomplished predators
They are highly social, most groups (pods) are maternally lead families
They use echo location to locate their prey
They have a concave skull, a melon, and a single blow hole
Feeding Styles of Mysticeti
They have a convex skull with baleen plates that hang down
They feed by taking huge amounts of water and filtering out plankton, krill, and small fish
They have long seasonal migrations
They depend on eye sight to locate prey
They have nose shaped (double nostril) blow hole
Whales Pooping is Really Important