Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ICMA and the Future
Transcript of ICMA and the Future
- keep the pace with changes in maritime industry that affect work of centers:
2. security and safety
3. smaller crews -
of center operation - regulations, insurance, fuel
- demand, availability, effect
Challenge 2 - Resources
traditional bases of support
in faith communities are changing
2. Patterns of
are changing across the board
for abilities of ship visitors and increased
from shipping companies
Challenge 3 - Motivation
1. Faith-based motivation
2. Humanitarian motivation
3. Specific Causes - Piracy, Migrants, Abuse, etc.
4. Family ties
New Tools - Professional Development
- Increased emphasis on
- For example, conferences are not only to network, but to
Tool 2 - resource challenge
- focus on creation of alternative
- "monetizing assets" and social entrepreneurs
- focus on "
- connection with
faith or donor communities
port welfare committees
and regional boards (link with levies)
Tool 3 - New Technology
- emphasis on
and mobile communications
- concerted efforts with
and communications companies
- ICMA App
Project - NAMMA and MtS
Future of Seafarers'
Impact of increased availability of Internet?
- 200 years of successful service during which we have often 'reinvented' our work
- particular success: lots of individual projects and teamwork between non-profits and industry
- work is still going on! (in many places it is thriving!)
ICMA and the Future of
27 September 2016
August 1969 in Rotterdam
- 100 delegates from 52 organizations representing 400 centres and 66 countries took part - both Catholic and Protestant
to foster collaboration and mutual aid amongst constituent bodies and to further common interests, and to serve as a means of more effective communication with other agencies
to be the collective and respected voice of the association within the industry and outside it.
Debates: MImplications of "Christian" and meaning of "Proselytism"
- big picture: removed impediments from working together
- small picture: in many, many ports we are friends
- goal: seafarers are served better
Changes and Challenges?