Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Lesson 4 Traits and Heredity
Kerry DeWeeseon 16 September 2016
Transcript of Lesson 4 Traits and Heredity
These brown bear cubs resemble their mother. Is it just a coincidence, or do parents pass traits on to their offspring?
This weaver bird instinctively builds its nest.
Heredity is the passing down of traits from parents to offspring.
Inherited traits are traits that an offspring receives from its parents.
An instinct is a way of acting or behaving that an animal is born with and does not have to learn.
A learned behavior is developed during the course of an animal's lifetime.
genes contains chemical instructions for inherited traits.
dominate traits masks the other form of the same trait.
recessive trait-the form of a trait that is hidden.
Pedigree is a chart used to trace the history of traits in a family.
carrier is any individual who has inherited the gene for a trait.