Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Literacy
Transcript of Copy of Literacy
Reading to gather information requires students to use reading strategies
- before, during, & after
Reading to Gather
Focus on the power verb - Gather
1. come together, assemble, accumulate
2. bring together or take in from scattered places or sources
Use prior knowledge
Scan/Browse the material
Create a vocabulary web
Identify Confusing Vocabulary
Organize what has been learned
Confirm, adjust predictions
Fish bowl talks
To gather information students can SEARCH!
How is the material presented?
Table of Contents
Lay out of text
Actively search for information
Discard non valuable resources
Does not support topic/research
Highlight valuable resources
Provides a significant amount of information for topic
Make connections to visuals
Define unfamiliar words and concepts
SEEK / SEARCH
Gathering information with technology
What are students using?
A phrase structured in such a way as to be conducive to being found on Google.
Just Google it!