Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
SC 3353 04.1: Anatomy of a News Release
Transcript of SC 3353 04.1: Anatomy of a News Release
Must Haves Types Format convey newsworthy info
to your audience Traditionally: journalists & gatekeepers
Today: direct to audience Objective • Non promotional
Attributed • Newsworthy Ready to Publish
Hybrid Timely • Impact • Unique
Conflict • Proximity • Celebrity Hard News • Past Tense • Traditional Headline
Summary Lead • Inverted Pyramid Softer News • Headline May Be Lighter
Hook Lead • Story Format Distribution Mail & Fax
Email Label Headline Dateline Body Interview Tips Start slowly & set a conversational tone
Set the agenda
Don’t ask yes/no questions
Frame your questions in terms of your audience Three reporters walk past a bar. Hey it could happen.