Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
WHY COMIC SANS?
Transcript of WHY COMIC SANS?
Comic Sans -
The Blunt Instrument
WHY COMIC SANS
How to determine "true" Comic Sans
This font is actually "Itim".
On October 24th we spread a survey mapping people's attitudes towards Comic Sans. The results were stunning.
The form can be found from
Comic Sans - What were they thinking?
- Vincent Connare
- Targeted to children
Comic Neue - Blasphemy of conservation?
The neurochemistry of Comic Sans
- Public domain
- Diemand-Yauman et al., 2011
- Ability to improve
Notable uses of
"I think people who don't like Comic Sans don't know anything about design -- They don't understand that in design you have a brief."
"There are 200-300 fonts installed on every computer but people pick Comic Sans because it is different --. It is a personal decision. The same could be asked of why do people like Ugg boots, Justin Bieber or pink tracksuits."
- Vinent Connare
Diemand-Yauman, C.; Oppenheimer, D. M.; Vaughan, E. B. (2011). "Fortune favors the bold (and the italicized): Effects of disfluency on educational outcomes". Cognition 118 (1): 111–5.
Pajari, Katriina (2015). Näin Comic Sans päätyi Jari Aarnion nimikylttiin oikeudessa.
Winston, Anna (2014)"People who don't like Comic Sans don't know anything about design"
Weaponizing Comic Sans
- Comic Sans as a tool of opression and deprecation
- In April 2014, OpenBSD announced the LibreSSL project, claiming to have been the first to "weaponize" Comic Sans as a means for soliciting donations.
When you accomplish something scientifically significant, do you publish the results in Comic Sans?
Do you, too, think that Comic Sans is
"The language of Science"?
Is Comic Sans the greatest invention of the
Would you eat in a restaurant of which name is
written in Comic Sans?
Do you associate Comic Sans with comics?
What is your personal relationship with Comic Sans?
Is Comic Sans a manifestation of Antichrist?
Is Comic Sans a plot of Illuminati?
Would you take The Bible more seriously
if it was written in Comic Sans?
Is Comic Sans elegant?
Did Comic Sans turn less engaging when you turned 11 years old?
beer -> hangover -> food