Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Writing for Survival: Publishing & Precarity in the Lives of
Transcript of Writing for Survival: Publishing & Precarity in the Lives of
Publishing & Precarity in the
Lives of Early-Career Researchers
Dr Nadine Muller
Early-Career Researchers' Opinions & Expectations
Reality Check 1: Your ECR Authors
Reality Check 2: You & Your
Helping Yourselves &
Your Early-Career Authors
Reality Check 1
You & Your Early-Career Authors
Reality Check 2
Precarious Academic Employment
The Day Job
100+ applicants for each permanent lectureship
Key shortlisting criteria:
monograph published/ contracted
From the moment an early-career author contacts you with their manuscript or proposal, your editors' actions impact those authors' employment chances.
Early-career researchers are the professors of the future.
Do you want them to come to you when they've made it?
What can you do?
Be responsive, reliable, and honest
Do not judge authors based on their institutional affiliation
Do not judge authors based on their employment situation
Recognise the value of early-career authors