Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Meerkats :)
All vertebrates have closed circulation. Closed circulation means that the blood never leaves the network of blood vessels. Reproductive System:
Most mammals give birth to live young. Mammary glands are specialized to produce milk for the animals newly born pups. Gestation takes 75 days and 2-4 cubs are born. Males initiate internal reproduction by fighting with the female. If the female resists his attempts to mount her, the male will grip her until she is submissive. The Nervous System:
All mammalian brains possess a neocortex, a brain region that is unique to mammalsThe nervous system of a mammal is based on the brain and the spinal cord, which sends and receive signals from the rest of the body. Signals from the body are sent through nerve endings (or receptors) to the brain, where neurotransmitters send a signal to allow all mammals to feel pain or other sensory information. The Skeletal System:
The majority of mammals have seven cervical vertebrae (bones in the neck). The meerkats skeleton is slim. They have long flexable necks, backbones and tails. They're tails are often used for balance when they stand on their hind legs. Digestive System:
Meerkats are primarily insectivores, but also eat lizards, snakes, scorpions, spiders, plants, eggs, small mammals, millipedes, centipedes and, more rarely, small birds. Meerkats, as mammals, have a similar digestive system as humans. -Meerkats are naturally immune to scorpion and snake poison.
-Meerkats are famous for standing upright on their hind legs.
- They live in Southern Africa in the Kalahari Desert.
- Normal life span is around 10 years.
- The dark markings around their eyes act like built-in sunglasses.
- A group of meerkats is called a “mob” or a “gang.” (The mob is usually between 5 and 30 members.) Timone from The Lion King is based off of a REAL domesticated meerkat, that you can visit, feed and pet. The Excretory System:
The Digestive system of a meerkat is similar to the digestive system of mammals so why would the excretory system be any different? http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/basics/simba.gif Fun Facts :)