Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Countable & NonCountable Nouns
Transcript of Countable & NonCountable Nouns
Rachel Macleod And the use of articles Countable Nouns or "Common Nouns" Non-Countable Nouns or "Mass Nouns" Articles with Non-Countable Nouns Articles with Countable Nouns Our Activity Today - Can be pluralized - Cars, bananas, books - Can be counted with numbers
- 3 cars, 4 banana, 6 books - A singular countable noun requires a determiner.
- a/the car, a/the banana, a/the book - Cannot be pluralized
- Sand, air, music
- Requires measure words
- A pound of sand, some air, three hours of music - Read two poems about sand
-Compare & Contrast
- Select non-count noun of your choice
- Write two opposing pieces
*Must be same genre, length,
* Must use noun as non-count and
count. -zero article or indefinite "some" -ex. water, some water
suitcase, some suitcases Mass-to-Count Noun Shifts -can make mass nouns countable by adding a unit of measurement -ex. tea, cup of tea sugar, spoonful of sugar Discuss How does changing the noun change the meaning? Which kind of noun do you think has more or less meaning?