Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Protein Synthesis
Translation (RNA to DNA)
Transcription (DNA to mRNA)
RNA Polymerase binds to the Promoter (TATA Box)
2nd tRNA base pairs with 2nd codon on mRNA, at the A site
1rst and 2nd amino acids covalently bonded
1rst tRNA exits (E site)
2nd tRNA moves to P site, and 3rd tRNA attaches to A site
Comparing DNA and RNA
a stop codon (UAA, UGA, UAG) reaches A site
polypeptide hydrolyzed from tRNA at P Site
Types of RNA
Introns are removed
Exons are linked together
Methyl cap is added to 5' end
Poly A tail is added to 3' end
The splicesome acts to remove introns and connect exons
mRNA binds to small ribosomal subunit
1rst tRNA brings, start codon, attaches to P site(met is first amino acid)
Large ribosomal subunit attaches