Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Spotted Tailed Quoll
Transcript of Spotted Tailed Quoll
Dasyurus maculatus What is their habitat? They use a variety of habitats including eucalypt forests and woodlands, coastal heathlands and rainforests. They prefer older, structurally diverse forests.
specific requirements include tree hollows, hollow logs, rocky outcrops, caves and rock crevices in which they make their dens. They have a large home range (200ha +) and they are good climbers. Threats to survival Loss, fragmentation and degradation of habitat.
Accidental poisoning during wild dog and fox control programs.
Deliberate poisoning, shooting and trapping may also be an issue.
Competition with introduced predators such as cats and foxes. What is their diet? Gliders, possums, small wallabies, rats, birds, bandicoots, rabbits and insects; also eats carrion and takes domestic fowl. The study task....