Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cut the Crap!
Transcript of Cut the Crap!
-Effect your health in other ways besides insulin response.
- Present in about 30 percent of the American diet and are not degraded by stomach acid or proteolytic enzymes, making them virtually resistant to digestion.
Step 1: JERF
Minimize ingredients and additives.
Shop the perimeter of the store.
It should spoil.
OK, I'm scared. Now what?
How do I start?
It's not all or nothing
Make gradual steps
Remember - Sugar first
Priority #1: Insulin
-Minimize the number and magnitude of spikes per day.
-Sugar can be as addicting on the brain as heroin.
Gluten (wheat, rye, barley)
Legumes (soy, peanuts, beans)
Cut the Crap!
In as few words as
Eat Meats and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, no sugar.
-They bind to tissue, like the villi in your small intestine. If your body has an inflammatory response it tries to kill it, effectively killing the tissue as well.
-If the healing processes of our body are focusing on our gut, its first priority, it makes it difficult to recover from anything else.
Not limited to:
Congestive Heart Failure
The list goes on...
Why and How an Elimination Diet
May help you Look, Feel, and
Casein & Mucus
Some dairy-intolerant people have
shown postive response to raw dairy.
Cheesy Used-Car Sales Approach.
Just try it for 30 days
Track how you Look, Feel and Perform
If at the end of that period you haven't gotten any better or even worse, go back!
Step 2: Go "Paleo"
Restrict grains, legumes, dairy.
Continue to monitor sugar.
Consider restricting nightshades.
A Talk by Steve Rast
Links and notes at