Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Beginning of the Semester: Chorus
Transcript of Beginning of the Semester: Chorus
MAJOR: Participation/Assignments =50% of grade
• Participation: Every student is expected to sing and participate in ALL chorus activities every day.
• Weekly Grades for Participation include the following:
o Active Participation
o Music Reading/Notation
o Proper Posture
Mid-Level: Quizzes/Tests = 30% of grade
• Singing Exams – Students will be tested on their knowledge of music rehearsed in class. Students will sing in small groups and individually for grading and evaluation purposes.
• Vocabulary – Students will learn definitions for music and dance vocabulary terms and will be expected to use correct terms in class discussion.
• Pencil/Score Checks – Periodical checks to see if students have pencils in their folders and/or if students wrote choral reminders in their music score
Practice: Performances = 20% of grade (Rehearsal and performance attendance based)
• After school rehearsal attendance – ATTENDANCE OF SCHEDULED REHEARSALS IS REQUIRED AND NOT OPTIONAL. Failure to attend scheduled rehearsals will result in lowering the student’s grade and may result in failure of the course. Unexcused absences may result in the student being removed from the performance, which may then result in failure of the class.
• Performances – Major concerts/shows will be presented each term. All students must participate in scheduled performances in order to pass the class for that grading period. Any exception must be pre-approved by the director.
ONLY MEDICAL EMERGENCIES WILL BE CONSIDERED SATISFACTORY REASONS FOR ABSENCE. ALL REQUESTS MUST BE MADE IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY A PARENT. WORK RELATED ABSENCES WILL NOT BE EXCUSED. A DOCTOR’S NOTE WITH PROPER DATES NEEDS TO BE PROVIDED TO TEACHER FOR ILLNESS – ABSENCE FROM SCHOOL IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR PERFORMANCES.
Black Collared Shirt
Black Collared Shirt
Message: @nmb (Advanced)
Sight-singing is an important and ESSENTIAL part of choir, it helps you how to learn and read music
Sop 1, Sop 2, Alto, Tenor, Bass
Loris High School
Required for Advanced Ensemble
Honor and Glory
Available for $10 plain
Personalized for $15