Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
OFFICAL Informational 2016
Transcript of OFFICAL Informational 2016
Multicultural Greek Council
Other greek organization retreats
New member retreat
Lambda chapter retreats
Alpha Psi Lambda Informational
The Journey through Nobility
7. Promote Inter-Fraternity Relations
4. Advocate for the Needs and Concerns of the Latino/ Hispanic Students
1. Serve the University Campus and Community
Academic support for members and prospective members
2. Bring Forth on a Scholastic Level Hispanics and Others at the University on the Basis of Friendship
5. Promote a Basis for the Diversity of the Latino Cultures
6. Enhance the Educational Experience through Social and Cultural Activities and Assist in the Development of Members' Leadership Abilities
Since then, Alpha Psi Lambda has grown to include thousands of members and has expanded to other states such as Illinois, Indiana, Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky, California, and Texas
We are driven by 8 purposes
Where we began...
Alpha Psi Lambda was founded on February 11, 1985 by 13 noble men and women at The Ohio State University
3. Provide a supplementary educational, social, and cultural experience for the mutual cultivation of its members
8. Foster Positive Relations Between the Greek System, University/ College Administration, and the Outside Community
Co-ed Latino Fraternity
What non-Greeks think we do
What our parents think we do
What society thinks we do
What ISU thinks we do
What we think we do
What we actually do
Greek Life is held to higher standards than you think!
Chapter Adviser (ISU faculty member) meetings
All of our events must be approved
Standards of Excellence Requirements
How do you join?
Associate Members (AMs) learn what it is like to be a member
Two community service projects
Chapter director meet & greet
Host a dance/social event
Learn about the fraternity's history and structure
Build relationships with members
Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
Minimum of 2.5/4.0 GPA
Not a first term freshman
Must be at least 18 years of age
Not belong to another social fraternity/ sorority
Complete the Membership Intake Process
How will you handle this?
Associate Member Educator
Your "guide" throughout the Intake Process
Your line brothers & sisters
The group of prospective members you will work with as a team
Your "mentor" throughout the Intake Process
Over 800 campuses in the United States and Canada participate in Greek Life
Over 70% of all those who join a fraternity/ sorority graduate, while under 50% of all non-fraternity/ sorority persons graduate
Over 85% of the student leaders on some 730 campuses are involved in the Greek community
85% of the Fortune 500 executives belong to fraternity
850,000 hours are volunteered by Greeks annually
What's in it for me?
Fraternities provide a support network on the college campus and beyond
Scholastic resources to help achieve academic goals
Hands-on opportunities to practice leadership skills
Opportunity to collaborate and foster teamwork
Involvement in the campus and community
Career opportunities through interaction with fraternity alumni
Life long friendships
Why Alpha Psi Lambda?
Social co-ed fraternity
Offers a one-of-a-kind college/greek life experience
Provides real-life interactions between men and women
We're more than just a fraternity,
Receive a bid
Disclaimer: Alpha Psi Lambda is an equal opportunity fraternity. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture religion or gender
President: Omar Serrato
AME: Krizia Zavala
: Alpha Psi Lambda, National Inc. at Illinois State University