Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Florida National Scenic Trail Standards and Guidelines (Coalition Meeting 6/9)
Transcript of Florida National Scenic Trail Standards and Guidelines (Coalition Meeting 6/9)
Standards and Guidelines
Trail Blazing Standards
Should be frequent enough to ensure on route
Double blazes to indicate change in direction
Painted 5.5-6 ft off ground
Top blaze indicates direction of turn
Two-inch wide by six-inch long blaze
Be careful not to over-blaze
The Uniform FNST Marker
Use to identify FNST to public
Smaller marker used to identify intersection with another trail
Kiosks and Trailheads
emergency response plan
Trail Class Standards
- natural, unmodified; low to no human impact on the environment
- semi-natural environment with visible human impacts
- highly modified, potentially urban environment
FNST Tread Standards
Utilize staff & existing resources
How do I maintain my section of Trail?
Utilize volunteers & other volunteer organizations
Engage the FTA & other stewardship groups
Big Cypress National Preserve
Little Manatee River F-Troop