Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Perseverance/Patience
What can you do in your every day life to practice patience?
Essence of Patience
1. Observe obedience to Allah and refrain from all things which displease Allah (swt)
2. Patience is a way of increasing our iman
3. It is a test to the believers; measures how we react at the time of trials and tribulation
TEDxTalks Takes on the Topic of Patience
Seek Help from God
1. At the time of difficulties come close to Allah, by offering prayer, doing zikir, and making dua to remove the adversity.
2. Allah says in Surah Al Baqara (Aya 153): O you who believe seek help with patience and with prayer. Surely, Allah is with those who are patient.
Next Step: Be Content With the Decree
1. God will test us with everything, we need to do our part by remaining steadfast and patient in any sitiuation.
2. Allah says in Surah Al Baqara (aya 155): And surely We shall try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and crops; but give glad tidings to the steadfast
Nouman Ali Khan on: Sabr and Its Reward
How do we maintain our productivity during times of tribulation?
1. Know that they are part of our life in the dunya and we should be prepared to behave in the best way in such times
2. Patience is not an easy behavior to gain. The Almighty has granted us several examples of patience shown by the Prophets 'alayhi'l-salām (peace be upon him) during hard times, in the Sunnah and the Qur’an. He has also detailed for our perusal their dua’s which received a favorable answer.
Dua of Ayuub 'alayhi'l-salām (peace be upon him)
Yazid bin Maysarah said: “When Allah tested Ayyub, upon him be peace, with the loss of his family, wealth and children, and he had nothing left, he started to focus upon the remembrance of Allah, and he said:
I praise You, the Lord of lords, Who bestowed His kindness upon me and gave me wealth and children, and there was no corner of my heart that was not filled with attachment to these worldly things, then You took all of that away from me and You emptied my heart, and there is nothing to stand between me and You. If my enemy Iblis knew of this, he would be jealous of me.
3 Types of Patience
Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim said, “There are three types of patience:
, practicing patience to fulfill the obligations and to do righteous.
, abstaining from evil and prohibited acts. And
, practicing patience during times of hardship without complaints.”
– Say Alhamdulillah first.
“The real patience is at the first stroke of a calamity”[Bukhari].
Step 2 –
Engage ourselves in repentance in an extensive way.
Step 3 –
Trust Allah whatever befalls us and think well of Him. During the dark times of Ayyub’s 'alayhi'l-salām (peace be upon him) tribulations he kept thinking well of Allah.
Step 4 –
“Verily, distress has seized me, and You are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy.”[21:83].
We should make dua to Allah alone, using duas from the Quran and Sunnah.
Step 5 -
Be patient; we shouldnt we shouldn’t be hasty in obtaining an answer from Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He).
And remember, Allah, most merciful loves us and everything that befalls us is for the best.
Stay away ftom sins
Be proactive by being thankful in times of ease
“…And whosoever has Taqwa of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[65:2-3].
Rewards Of Patience
* Patience controls you from following your own desires.
* Patience prepares you to withstand physical or psychological hardship when it is required.
* Practicing patience is proof of the completion of faith and it is a good practice of Islam.
* Practicing patience gives you guidance in your heart.
* Practicing patience will lead you to being loved by Allah (S.W.T.) and the people.