Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
iPad /Tablet User Groups
Transcript of iPad /Tablet User Groups
attending the second
session today on
The State of Learning
•Annual users conferences
•Classes or training
•Public lectures or speakers
What is a User Group?
iPad /Tablet User Group
Benefits of a User Group
•Members can become more knowledgeable
•Share 'evangelism' about products, apps and services
•Create a social space for people to connect
•Resolve technical issues for members and the community
•Be a source for important and rare information about deals, apps, events and products
•Opportunity to create a better technical environment and services
•Divide ourselves into groups
•At each table, each person is to share an app, an experience and or place a question on the table.
•To make our efforts count today an index card has been given to everyone for feedback.
•At the end of session return the index cards back in to the host
Services User Groups May or May Not Offer
Don Michael, Jr.
ITS Learning Technology Services
704-322-2722, ext 3598
•Improve systems through idea contributions
•Refurbishing hardware to donate to schools or the elderly
•Technical book donations
Breakout Group Ideas
Notices and Citations
1. Freewallpaperpics: http://goo.gl/iDwSwS
3. Kahlo: http://goo.gl/OnYQ8e
4. Ghostsofdc.org: http://goo.gl/70NtwY
5. Raszl: http://raszl.com/sites/default/files/neil-degrasse-tyson.jpg
BULLY FOR YOU! JOIN OUR IPAD USER GROUP
A group or club that focuses on a particular technology or a subject matter that relates to an industry or collective interests. These user groups or 'UGs' offer opportunities to socialize and to share member's experiences, expertise and professional knowledge base. Many groups abbreviate their name, e.g. IUG (iPad User Group)
or TUG (Tablet User Group).
Have you ever belonged to a user
group before? If so, describe your
What would you like
to learn from your group today?
- Technical questions
- Ethical questions
- Learning technology questions
- Classroom management question
- Introduction to new applications (apps)
- New ideas on how to use ipad
- iPad resources and links
What kind of user group experience would you like to have?
TASKS FOR THIS SESSION
1. OVERVIEW OF USER GROUPS
2. REVIEW OF POTENTIAL ACTIVITIES
3. REVIEW OF POTENIAL BENEFITS
4. BREAKOUT SESSION FOR SHARING
5. GROUP TALK, SURVEY AND NOTETAKING
6. GROUP PRESENTATIONS
Who Will Attend User Groups?
1. Teaching Professionals
2. Beginners new to tablet use
3. Industry professionals (ITS, Networking)
4. Evangelists, i.e. people in love with particular technology ,e.g. iPads, software
5. Application collectors
6. People looking for a social group
Quick List of User Groups
•First look at new releases
•Maintains a list of media or tools
•Member discounts (rare occurrence)
•Newsletter or magazine
•One-on-one technical support
Social Tool We Will Use
and Google Docs
Send Us Your Comments
Join the iPad User's Group listserver:
"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." - Henry Ford