Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Week 5 Lesson 1: World War One - military and economic impact
Transcript of Week 5 Lesson 1: World War One - military and economic impact
The Great War: Military and economic impact
To understand the military and economic impact of the war.
Students will be able to explain how military defeats and frontline discontent, as well as economic and industrial dislocation contributed to the development of the Russian Revolution.
Activity: Posters explaining the military and economic impact of the Great War
1. Working in pairs.
2. Use the information in the reading (and other resources if you wish), to create a poster explaining
of these prompts:
Why did the Russian army perform so poorly during the war?
What were the three main economic effects of the war in Russia?
3. Your poster must include:
three relevant images
primary source quotes
related to the prompt.
An excerpt from
two historical interpretations
(historians' opinions) related to the prompt.
4. Use the reading and list of websites to help you
(Alphahistory is a good one)
5. We have the remainder of the period to complete the poster.
Recap: Overview of Russia in The Great War
1. Working in groups of four.
2. Complete the brainstorming slip regarding:
- Military setbacks in 1914.
- Economic dislocation
- Nicholas II's unwise choice
3. We have 8 minutes.
4. Class discussion to follow.
Week 5 Lesson 1
World War One: The military and economic impact.