Send the link below via email or IM to invite your audienceCopy
Start the presentationStart presenting
- Invited audience will follow you as you navigate and present
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can view together your prezi
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Big Ideas Journal
Transcript of The Big Ideas Journal
means how it looks. But of course, if you dig deeper, it's really how
it works. The design of the Mac wasn't what it looked like, although that was
part of it. Primarily, it was how it worked. To design something really well, you have
to get it. You have to really grok what it's all about. It takes a passionate commitment to really thoroughly understand something, chew it up, not just quickly swallow it. Most people don't take the time to do that.
Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize new things. And the reason they were able to do that was that they've had more experiences or they have thought more about their experiences than other people.
Unfortunately, that's too rare a commodity. A lot of people in our industry haven't had very diverse experiences. So they don't have enough dots to connect, and they end up with very linear solutions without a broad perspective on the problem. The broader one's understanding of the human experience, the better design we will have.
Steve Jobs, The Next Insanely Great Thing
Wired Magazine The 5 skills of disruptive innovators:
1. Associating, 2. Questioning, 3. Observing, 4. Networking, and 5. Experimenting. 1. 24,000 times/year
2. 30 seconds/email 3. 66.6 hours/year
4. 1.5 hours/week Your ideas, not your hands, are what will generate your future influence and increase your future income. Your big ideas are limitless. Those who strategically prune unnecessary thoughts, people, activities and work from their lives will make room for Big Ideas. Those who spend more time in 'Planned Thinking' will get more done and increase their income more than those who do not. 4 Hypotheses