Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introduction to Diversity
Transcript of Introduction to Diversity
Haeckel, 1866 Monophyletic group: ancestral species and ALL descendants (ex: all reptiles, including birds)
Paraphyletic group: ancestral species and SOME descendants (ex: non-avian reptiles)
Polyphyletic group: lacks a common ancestor (ex: warm-blooded animals [birds and mammals]) Cladogram Maximum Parsimony The most correct tree has the fewest independent evolutionary events
Also called Occam's Razor Not always true... Clade: Group of related species Species begin divergence from common ancestor Mutations! DNA sequences don't look very similar anymore.... but computers are really smart. (actually its the programmers)