Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Leadership Transitions
from vending machines
“How did it get so late so
soon? Its night before its
afternoon. December is here
before its June. My goodness
how the time has flewn. How
did it get so late so soon?”
Ed Kovacs & Zahra Ahmed
Office of Campus Activities
Why are transitions important?
Evaluate and IMPROVE upon the past
Transfer organizational knowledge
Minimize loss of momentum
LEAVE IT BETTER! Make this your legacy.
The Transition Model
Having to let go
False starts and stops
Loss of balance
Wanting to hold on
How to Transition
What to Transition
1. History of organization and organizational chart
2. Constitution and By-laws
3. Job descriptions of each position
4. Reports on past and continuing projects
5. List of goals – accomplished and unaccomplished
6. “Rearview Mirror” or “What I Wish I Had Known” Sheet
7. LIST OF IMPORTANT DEADLINES
space allocations, SAFAC Funding, Internal event planning deadlines
8. Copy of the budget
9. Calendars of previous events
10. Rosters and frequently used numbers/e-mails
11. List of rules and regulations
12. Leadership Resources and Handouts
13.Access to DragonLink & Web Finance
Create and Maintain
START EARLY !!
Documents & Methods
Projects & Goals
Reflection & Vision
Selection of the incoming leader
Consolidation of all the INFORMATION
Transmission of this necessary information
Replacement of outgoing leadership with the INCOMING LEADERSHIP
IDEALLY A 4 STEP PROCESS
Let's evaluate your transition!