Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Safeguarding Quiz
How do we view children,
young people and adults?
As sinful human units to be harvested in order to fill our churches for the future, hopefully joining our important committees or the worship team.
b) Wonderful and important, reflecting God's image, in our care, & needing to be valued and respected
The nice ones can come to church, the naughty, or smelly ones need to change first, but might make the cut one day.
Which 3 things would your team see as a priority to ensure a suitable environment for your children / young people?
What should you do if a child or young person asks you to keep a secret?
Say yes, taking with you a baby monitor, or walkie-talkie set up to YouTube live streaming for your own safety.
b) Say maybe, giggle nervously, and then put out your pinkie-promise finger to be age-culturally relevant.
Say you can't keep secrets that are serious, especially if they involves people getting hurt.
If you suspect abuse, what should your actions be?
You find yourself left alone in a room with a young person or a child. What should you do?
get a quick selfie with them to post on your FB, twitter, instagram, YouTube and blog pages. Although no one really engages with blogs that much, so you may avoid this one.
b) scream, realising that you are in mortal danger, before pushing the young person out of the way and pressing yourself against the nearest window in tears of penitence.
move to the doorway and remove yourself from the situation.
What do you think are the rules on social media and ongoing contact?
1. Do not panic - be sympathetic.
7. Write up a detailed, impartial account of what took place.
6. Immediately tell your event leader, and if they are not acting correctly, call the number in your handbook.
5. Stay with the young person until they are reassured and comforted.
4. Do not promise confidentiality.
3. Reassure the young person that it was right to tell you, and you are taking their concerns seriously.
2. Listen carefully. Only ask questions to clarify what you hear, do not ask questions that seek information. Do not start to investigate.
what 2 du