Prezi

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in the manual

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

The Maze Runner

Book By:James Dashner
by Cole Hendrickson on 20 May 2011

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner Book By: James Dashner Prezi By: Cole Hendrickson Why I Choose This Book I choose this book because I knew this was my last book report and I wanted to make it one of my most favorite books I have ever read. So I choose the one I have read more than ten times in the past 3 months and the one I felt like had the best attention getter. The Setting The setting of this great story is the maze it self because this is where about 99% of the story is taken place the other 1% of the story is at the end right after where the great battle takes place and where Teresa puts in the seven words and where Chuck pushes the button to turn off all the grievers in the Maze and opens the doors to escape the horrible maze for good. The Protagonist The protagonist of "The Maze Runner would have to be Thomas. Thomas is a smart and athletic type of person. The reason he is the protagonist is because he is one of the only reasons that they made it out alive. He also is has help everyone sence he has gotin there. The Antagonist The antagonist of "The Mazer Runner" would have to be the creators. The creators are the people who took the people from their families and ploped them into the maze. They are also the people who are putting them through test to see what humans can survive and adapt to. The Main Conflict The Summary Imagine waking up one day in total darkness, unsure of where you are and unable to remember anything about yourself except your first name. You're in a bizarre place devoid of adults called the Glade. The Glade is an enclosed structure with a jail, a graveyard, a slaughterhouse, living quarters, and gardens. And no way out. Outside the Glade is the Maze, and every day some of the kids -- the Runners -- venture into the labyrinth, trying to map the ever-changing pattern of walls in an attempt to find an exit from this hellish place. So far, no one has figured it out. And not all of the Runners return from their daily exertions, victims of the maniacal Grievers, part animal, part mechanical killing machines.

Thomas is the newest arrival to the Glade in this Truman-meets-Lord of the Flies tale. A motley crew of half a dozen kids is all he has to guide him in this strange world. As soon as he arrives, unusual things begin to happen, and the others grow suspicious of him. Though the Maze seems somehow familiar to Thomas, he's unable to make sense of the place, despite his extraordinary abilities as a Runner. What is this place, and does Thomas hold the key to finding a way out? Rating I would have to rate this book an 8/10. This is because I thought it could have included a little more about the different people around the maze. The conflict is that Thomas and a bunch of other children were sent into a giant maze with walls that change position every night. The only way to get out of the maze is to solve it and avoid being killed by the Grivers that come out at night. The climax of the story is when the maze walls stay open at night and the Grivers get in and get one child at a time.
See the full transcript