Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Day 2: Common Core 4th Grade Math: Domain 2 Number and Operations in Base Ten Part I
Transcript of Day 2: Common Core 4th Grade Math: Domain 2 Number and Operations in Base Ten Part I
Place Value and Whole Numbers
And what the operations mean.
Apples, Oranges, and Melons
Remember This? Let's Practice!
Write out the number based on the place value of each number in it.
957 becomes 900 + 50 +7
How else can you write a number?
Use the place value of numbers to help you name them!
123,456 becomes one hundred twenty-three THOUSAND, four hundred fifty-six
Write the number in expanded form. Then write the number name.
Comparing - Who's Better?
Who can compare these numbers best?
Rules: 1. Must write the whole problem.
2. Must get it checked and it must
be right before moving on.
3. You can only do one problem at a
3. Be prepared to explain WHY.
4. You will have 60 seconds TOTAL.
Let's try this first one together!
Write the number on your board.
Round 67,304 to the nearest thousand.
1. Circle the digit in the place to be rounded to.
2. Find the digit to the RIGHT of the circled digit.
Decide whether to round down or up.
I was born ready!
Ready to Try It?
I guess so...
Now let's discuss.
p. 57 & 80