Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
VULCANUS IN EUROPE- bw
Transcript of VULCANUS IN EUROPE- bw
willing to host a Japanese intern
What is Vulcanus?
for EU based industrial companies
to host Japanese students
from high-tech, scientific and technical fields
for 8 months
All companies in the industrial sector within the EU are eligible;
They should offer a placement in the R&D sector;
They should be ready to integrate the student into a team.
The application form is available online from May to September, to apply for the session starting one year later.
For more information:
for EU industrial companies
Financed by the Japanese Ministry for Economy, Trade & Industry
* a student from one of the best Japanese
* either in the 3rd or 4th year
of undergraduate studies,
or following a postgraduate course;
* majoring in one of the following disciplines:
engineering / architecture / biology,
chemistry, biotechnology, physics /
metal materials, ceramics / IT,
telecommunications / production systems /
When applying, the company indicates the content of the traineeship.
It is up to a company to make the final decision, if it has been chosen by shortlisted students.
-feedback from his/her professor
-ability to adapt
-compatibility with at least one applying company
promo to the companies
deadline to apply (date to be confirmed)
shorlisting of company offers
shorlisting of students
signing of contracts
seminar on EU issues, in Brussels
intensive language course of the
language spoken at the host company
BEFORE THE PROGRAMME
DURING THE PROGRAMME
Who is your trainee?
SELECTION OF STUDENTS
The students are selected on the basis of the following elements:
The placement lasts 8 months (from August to March).
It starts about one year after the submission of the application.
How to apply
for the host company
- gains an insight into Japanese business culture;
- benefits from a valuable addition to its workforce;
- is assisted in the development
of its business with Japan;
- establishes close links with future high-profile staff
in Japanese industry, who have become familiar
with Europe’s business culture.
covers the following expenses:
- 1-week seminar in Europe
- 15-week language course
- gives a grant to the trainee, to cover travel and accommodation costs
’s costs for the complete training period of 8 months are:
- a total amount of € 6,600 *
(except from Germany where minimum wage is applicable)
- national taxes & costs linked with wages, visas, work permits, if applicable
* To be paid either directly to the student or via the EU-Japan Centre, depending on applicable national laws.
In both cases the beneficiary shall receive this amount net of all national taxes.
Through this scheme, the company: