Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Meteghan: Back in The Day
Transcript of Meteghan: Back in The Day
IT'S YOUR TURN NOW TO BE A CHILD FROM METEGHAN!
WHAT DO YOU SEE? How many of you have ever had to move? Maybe from a different country? City? School? House?
How did this make you feel? A long, long time ago French- speaking people called Acadians lived Nova Scotia
The British made many Acadians leave their homes
After many years, some Acadians returned and settled in Meteghan and other villages Early Days in Meteghan Land in Meteghan Land in the Early Days Land around Meteghan was poor so it was difficult to farm on
The harbour around Meteghan was used for fishing
Thick forests were also found around Meteghan Meteghan: Back in the Day What type of land did
you see? Why do you think the land was important? Fishing and logging were very important to the Acadians as it helped them to survive! Fun Fact!!
Clare's shipbuilding industry began in Meteghan in 1890...
Some shipyards still exist today!!!!!