Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Student Engagement CLAD presentation
Transcript of Student Engagement CLAD presentation
* Lively/energetic * Used "yes" a lot
* Made (bad) jokes What I did: Student Ratings: All students (100%) agreed or strongly agreed that I was approachable * Open body language
* Encouraged contact
* Safe environment * Positive and constructive responses What I did: * Praised all contributions *Encouraged participation * Actively squashed worries of asking a stupid question or giving a stupid answer Student Feedback: 100% agreed or strongly agreed that:
I listened when they asked questions
I gave helpful feedback during class or via email * * * * * * Social Loafing The "decrease in individual effort when performing in groups as compared to when they perform alone" (Latane, Williams, & Harkins, 1979, p. 822). What I did What influences social loafing? vs. * Reduced anonymity by treating students like individuals * Increased accountability by checking assigned work had been completed and emphasising the consequences for free riders What is social loafing? Student Motivation Intrinsic Extrinsic Doing something because it is inherently interesting or enjoyable Doing something because it leads to a separate outcome (e.g., a degree) What did I do? Set topic BUT made project as interesting as possible by: * Teacher characteristics * Making topic relevant How does physical arousal effect attractiveness? Student Feedback Interesting topic? I came up with my own ideas * Emphasising choices students could make 98% agreed or strongly agreed 49% agreed
51% strongly * Provided opportunity to ask questions after class or via email Attendance * * * * * * * * Thoughts on other things that influence student engagement? * *