Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Hillcrest Impact Club
Transcript of Hillcrest Impact Club
- Bake Sale
- Blackout Day
- Coffee House
- Battery Bake Sale
- Adopt a Park
- Eco School Bronze Certification Spencer West Due to our achievements working with Free the Children, we were chosen as the school in Ottawa most deserving of a honourary presentation from Spencer West Spencer West lost his legs at the age of 5 and after working with Free the Children he climbed Mt Kilimanjaro raising over $500 000 for clean water projects around the world. - Earned over 50 tickets to National WE DAY in Montréal
- Earned over 15 tickets to Toronto WE DAY 2012 We Day is a full day inspirational concert hosted by Free the Children to inspire youth to get involved. Last year, Caitlin Salvino and Rebecca Wong from Hillcrest were chosen as Free the Children Ottawa youth representatives to speak at an Ottawa We Day sponsor breakfast alongside Craig Kielburger. Not only did this speech motivate and encourage our sponsors to become more involved with Free The Children, but it led to the creation of the very first National We Day in the Ottawa/Gatineau region The IMPACT of the "IMPACT Club" Club numbers jumped from 8 members to 40 members in less than a year. Originally received 4 tickets to We Day Toronto, in less than a year received 50 tickets to We Day Montréal. We now have our own assemblies with Free the Children speakers, including Michel Chikwanine and Spencer West. Brought awareness to our school about Free the Children, local issues, and poverty in Ecuador. IMPACT'S Future We now have $600 left to raise and we plan to achieve our goal of raising $8500 through various fundraisers in the next few months. We hope that the IMPACT club will continue at Hillcrest throughout the years and continue to inspire Hillcrest youth. We hope that we achieve the goal to build a school in Ecuador and educate hundreds of underprivileged youth. Raised approximately $7900 towards our goal of $8500 National WE DAY Media Launch In front of 700 students, honoured guests and media Craig Kielburger along with the band Neverest annouced the lineup for the 2013 WE DAY On April 3rd, Hillcrest was honoured with holding the first ever National WE DAY Media launch in our auditorium!! On April 29th, over 4000 students across the Ottawa/Gatineau region attended the first ever National WE DAY.