Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ottawa Outreach Video
Transcript of Ottawa Outreach Video
Abortion is a common experience. You deserve support!
And, it's normal
to have many different feelings after an abortion...
sadness happiness empowerment
relief confusion regret anger disappointment
Did you know?
Abortion is one of the most common events experienced by women of reproductive age.
In Canada, there are more than 90,000 abortions performed each year. About 1 in 3 women will have an abortion over the course of their reproductive lives.
So what do women who've had abortions say?
You deserve to be supported
your feelings and experiences.
They didn't know
- We offer free, nonjudgmental support for all your pregnancy and parenting turning points
- Calls are answered by our trained volunteer peer counselling advocates
- Support is available in English, Spanish & French
- Everyone is welcome! People of all ages, races, ethnicities, genders, religions, and political persuasions call Backline.
Backline is a non-profit organization that offers unconditional and judgment-free support for pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption.
You can find support after an abortion by calling
our toll-free Talkline at
Whatever you're feeling,
Backline is here to listen.
How does the Talkline work?
Abortion is also very safe - much safer than giving birth.
That's because we don't talk about it very often.
Research tells us that the most common feeling women report
after an abortion is
No matter how you feel about your abortion, you might want to talk with someone about it.
Sometimes an abortion can also bring up feelings about other experiences you've had, like adoption or miscarriage.
Our lives are complicated and our feelings can be too.
A recent study by researchers at the University of Ottawa found that women reflected positively on abortion care they had received in the province.
About a third of women in the study also wished that they could have received free, nonjudgmental support after their abortion.
Unfortunately, when they looked for support online, the places they found were often anti-abortion crisis pregnancy centres.
"Thank you for really honestly listening to me and what I was saying and feeling.
It was amazing and helps me to feel at peace."
To learn more about how you can get involved & spread the word, visit us online!
Mon-Fri 10am-1am ET
Sat & Sun 10am-6pm ET
What do Backline callers say?