Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Turkish Grameen Microfinance Program [Shared]

No description
by

Ali Alatas

on 20 October 2014

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Turkish Grameen Microfinance Program [Shared]

Turkish Grameen Microfinance Program
Our Inspiration
Dr. Muhammad Yunus
2006 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
Global Microfinance Pioneer
Grameen
Bank

In the Bengla language,
Grameen means "rural village".
Objectives:
To supply
banking facilities
to poor men and women,
To eliminate the exploitation of poor by money lenders,
To create opportunities for
self-employment
for the vast multitude of unemployed people,
To target
disadvantaged
groups - mostly
women
from the poorest households and the unemployed.
The
Origin of Microcredit

In
1976
, Professor Muhammad Yunus, Head of the Rural Economics Program at the University of Chittagong, launched a research project that would offer
banking services targeted at the rural poor.
From Low
Income to a
Sustainable
Livelihood

2006
Nobel Prize
Laureate

The Norwegian Nobel Committee
awarded the
Nobel Peace Prize
2006
to Muhammad Yunus and Grameen Bank
Lasting peace
can not be
achieved unless finding
the way of breaking out of
poverty.
Microfinance
is
one such means.
Today Grameen Bank is owned by the rural poor whom it serves. Borrowers of the bank own 90% of its shares and the remaining of 10% is owned by the government.
Turkish Grameen Microfinance Program
"To create a
poverty-free
Turkey where all low-income
people have the opportunity to improve their economic
welfare through affordable
financial services
."
Vision
"To improve the economic and social condition of
low-income
families throughout Turkey by providing appropriate
financial services, small business skills, and encouragement to
women entrepreneurs
, and to do so in a financially
sustainable
manner."
Mission
TGMP's Pioneer
TGMP was launched by
Prof. Dr. Aziz Akgül
, the pioneer of
microfinance and socal business in Turkey.
"Other than the sick, elderly, severely didsabled,and others who cannot earn their own living, charity is useless.
Government welfare programs alone
cannot solve poverty."
How did we start?
TGMP was established in
June 2003
in Turkey's southeastern city of
Diyarbakir
to provide financial services to low-income women.
TGMP was founded as a joint venture between the Turkish Foundation for Waste Reduction (TISVA) and
Grameen Trust
, an organization that helps other countries to emulate the Grameen Bank of Bangladesh.
Funding Process
Today TGMP is active in 68 provinces and 104 branches...
Form five-member lending groups
3-day training to all new lending groups
Distribute loans
Start/improve businesses
Weekly repayments at Center Meetings
Mikrocredit
Process
Sectoral Distribution
MIS System
Services
Loans
Other
Services
Basic Loan
Entrepreneurial Loan
Animal Husbandry Loan
Social Development Loan
Struggling Citizen Loan
Digital Divide Loan
Higher Education Loan

Microinsurance
Microhousing insurance
Pension Fund (governmental)
Voluntary Savings
NFC
Lighter, less hassle
othan POS machines

Each member card will have an
"NFC" chip
that easily records transactions onto loan officer's smartphone

Center Meetings will be even more
efficient

More environmentally friendly:
paperless
and less shipping

Reduces costs
for TGMP
M
I
S

y s t e m
NFC
Lighter, less hassle
than POS machines

Each member card will have an
"NFC" chip
that easily records
transactions onto loan officer's smartphone

Center Meetings will be even more
efficient

More environmentally friendly:
paperless
and less shipping

Reduces costs
for TGMP
Mobile Wallet
Every member's NFC card also works as a
debit card

Less cash
transaction at branch level

Benefits for members:

Members can withdraw funds from an
ATM
Learn
to make basic financial transactions
Can make
cashless purchases
at participating stores
Add money to their own or someone else's
cell phone account
Gain
free phone minutes
Donors
can give money directly to individual accounts
TGMP in Numbers
Thank you!
Full transcript