Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Polymer Prezi
1. Rubber is a polymer that is used to make the tires that go on our trucks and cars that we drive.
2. The macs that we own and use are polymers that are made out of plastic with added fillers that make it stiff.
3. The Wii remotes that we use on the original Wii are plastics that are made out of polymers.
4. The iPhone 5C is a plastic that is made out of a polymer.
History of Polymers
1. The first polymer scientist is Henry Braconott from the 1830's. He was born on May 29,1780 and died on January 15,1855.
2. Jons Jakob Berzelius invented the term polymer in 1833.
3. Leo Baekeland invented the first synthetic polymer in 1907 which is bakelite.
4. There are polymers known as biopolymers which are produced by living organisms.
1. Mono means one.
2. Mer means parts
3. Monomers are small molecules.
4. Monomers can join together to make polymers.
Polymers and Monomers
By: Shane 7C Science
1. Poly means many.
2.Mer means parts.
3. Polymers are large molecules.
4. There can be natural and synthetic polymers.
1. Personal Memory
2. Personal Memory
5. Personal Memory